Maton Limited Edition Vera May Centenary 808 Acoustic Guitar (#14/100)
THE MATRIARCH OF MATON GUITARS AND THE WIFE OF FOUNDER BILL MAY, VERA MAY TURNS 100!
The Vera May includes a number of firsts for Maton. The headstock is an elegant rethink of the W.A May headstock, which in itself is a 21st century interpretation of the headstock that appeared on the very first Maton Bill May built in 1946. An elegant gloss finished streaky ebony veneer with a Mother of Pearl logo contrasts beautifully with a figured blackwood headstock veneer.
- 808 sized body with that famous warmth and midrange
- Ebony and inner Pinstripe binding
- A meticulously designed, matching ebony/pinstripe rosette
- Soundboard finished with a U.V. cured gloss - adding noticably natural top-end sparkle
- Blackwood back, sides and neck with a tuned satin finish
- Streaky Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Features an AP5 Pro pickup system